- Full-Frame | Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Lightweight, Fast Telephoto Prime
- Dual XD Linear Motor AF System
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Super ED & ED Elements, Nano AR Coating
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium-Alloy Design
- Rounded 11-blade Diaphragm
Sony FE 300mm f/2.8 GM OSS is a fast telephoto prime characterized by an impressively lightweight, portable design and it provides the speed and reach many pros are looking for when photographing the world's biggest events.
Nimble and Fast Telephoto
The 300mm f/2.8 design excels for photographing indoor sporting events as well as close-range events, journalism, and even wildlife subjects. The comfortable focal length helps capture full-length shots of distant subjects and the bright f/2.8 maximum aperture enables isolating subjects using shallow depth of field.
Stellar Optics and G Master Design
As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance of impressive resolution and sharpness along with distinctive and pleasing bokeh.
Super ED and ED glass elements minimize axial chromatic aberrations, as well as color fringing, for high clarity and realistic color accuracy.
Nano AR Coating II has been applied to interior lens surfaces to suppress reflections that cause flare and ghosting.
- G Master optical design also contributes to low spherical aberrations, for high sharpness, as well as a pleasing bokeh quality that is further benefited by a rounded 11-blade diaphragm.
Fast, Precise AF and Reliable OSS
A dual XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motor System quietly and quickly focuses on fast-moving subjects while shooting at high speeds.
High-precision XD motor system is also complemented by updated AF algorithms for improved responsiveness and quieter operation, further benefitting sports and wildlife applications.
- Full-time DMF supports manually adjusting focus simply by turning the focusing ring, regardless of the focusing mode, and Linear Response MF provides a natural and responsive focus feeling for more precise manual control.
- Focus range limiter switch and preset focus functions increase focusing efficiency either within a certain constrained range or immediately to a specified focusing point.
Impressively Lightweight and Robust Design
Measuring about 3.2 lb without the tripod mount, this 300mm f/2.8 has a truly lightweight design that suits handheld shooting applications and benefits those carrying multiple lenses and camera setups at an event. Compared to the FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS, this lens is around 50% lighter and 43% smaller.
The weight is distributed evenly across the 10.4"-long lens body, meaning handling is natural and smooth when shooting handheld or atop a monopod or tripod. This design is based on proven concepts from the FE 400mm f/2.8 and FE 600mm f/4 GM lenses.
- Weather-sealed construction protects against dust, dirt, and moisture.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dirt and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- In addition to the weight-saving optical design that limits extra elements, the internal components of the lens also are made from lightweight-yet-durable magnesium alloy.
- Increased mount strength for ensured rigidity that will withstand professional use.
- Four separate focus hold buttons can be customized to adjust or activate a variety of settings, such as Eye AF.
- The rear of the lens features a drop-in filter slot that accepts 40.5mm round filters.
- Rotating tripod collar features ball bearings for smooth movements when shifting between horizontal and vertical working positions.
- Compatible with optional FE 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters.
- Sony FE 300mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens (Sony E)
- Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH175 Lens Hood
- Tripod Mount
- Drop-In Filter
- Lens Strap
- Soft Case
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty