Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens
Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens
Unsparing application of leading-edge technology achieves refined G Master performance with consistently high resolution and soft, natural bokeh even at the widest F1.4 aperture setting.
- Stunning F1.4 resolution in a mobile prime lens
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements
- Nano AR and Fluorine Coatings
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave AF Motor
- AF/MF Switch; Internal Focus
- Versatile fingertip focus control
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Compact and lightweight design. weighs just 15.7 oz (445 g)
- Wide Angle Lens
Combining a favored wide-angle focal length with an especially bright design, the FE 24mm f/1.4 GM from Sony is a fast, versatile lens well-suited to landscape, nature, and street photography. Its wide-but-usable perspective is complemented by the f/1.4 maximum aperture, which excels in low-light conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field. The optical design incorporates three extra-low dispersion elements to reduce chromatic aberrations and two XA (extreme aspherical) elements, which significantly control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. Additionally, a Nano AR coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements, one used for the front element, effectively compensate for coma, field curvature, and astigmatism that can be problems with wide-angle large-aperture optics, providing excellent corner-to-corner resolution even when shooting wide open at F1.4.
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements are carefully incorporated in the optical path of the lens to minimize axial and lateral chromatic aberration, maintaining optimum sharpness throughout the image.
- Versatile wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it provides a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- State-of-the-art optical design incorporating two precision XA elements suppresses sagittal flare, a common aberration in large-aperture lenses. Sagittal flare is a phenomenon that results in an unnatural spreading of point light sources that looks a little like a bird spreading its wings, and becomes more pronounced toward the image periphery. Natural reproduction of point sources is particularly important for scenes that include stars or city lights at night, for example. (1. A star shot with the FE 24mm F1.4 GM shows no sign of sagittal flare. 2. Pronounced sagittal flare on a star shot with a conventional 24-mm f1.4 lens.).
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Sony's original Nano AR Coating technology provides an effective solution, suppressing internal reflections that can lead to flare and ghosting so that optimum contrast and clarity are achieved in the widest possible range of shooting conditions. (1. Nano AR Coating / 2. Glass / 3. Transmitted light).
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- A fluorine coating on the front element resists fingerprints, dust, water, oil, and mud, and allows easy cleaning if such contaminants do become attached to the lens surface.
|Camera Mount Type||Sony E|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||84°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.45" / 24 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:5.85|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 67 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||2.97 x 3.64"|
|Weight||15.70 oz / 445 g|
In the Box
- Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens
- ALC-F67S 67mm Front Lens Cap
- ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH154 Lens Hood
- Lens Case
- Standard Manufacturer's Warranty