- 24.6 MP Full-Frame Global Shutter Sensor
- Up to 120 fps Cont. Shooting with AF/AE
- Speed Boost Button; Pre-Capture Function
- Flash Sync at up to 1/80,000 Sec.
- 4K 120p 10-bit Video; S-Log3 & S-Cinetone
- 759-Point Phase-Detect AF with Tracking
- 8-Stop 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- 9.44m-Dot EVF with 240 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.2" 2.1m-Dot 4-Axis Touchscreen LCD
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
- 24.6MP Exmor RS CMOS sensor
The Sony Alpha A9 III is the first full-frame camera on the market with a global stacked sensor, a sort of holy grail in the photographic world. It allows for some wild specs, like 120fps shooting speeds with no blackout, no distortion, up to a 1/80,000th of a second shutter speed, and zero rolling shutte.
However, instead of rolling shutter which can make distortion, it uses global shutter and it captures the images with out distortion and with good speed.
Global Shutter—A First for Mirrorless
Sony has delivered the world's first full-frame global shutter mirrorless camera with the a9 III. The use of a global shutter provides a leap in performance over the rolling shutter technology used for decades. A global shutter provides a near instantaneous and simultaneous readout of all 24.6MP, eliminating skew and other artifacts that plagued rolling shutters. It also far surpasses mechanical shutter technology is every way, making the physical shutter unnecessary in the a9 III.
Pre-Capture & Speed Boost—Never Miss a Moment
Along with the key technology delivered by the sensor, the a9 III offers features new features to unlock the camera's full potential.
- Pre-Capture: The a9 III can be configured to begin recording images to the buffer when the shutter button is half-pressed. Users can set this between 0.05-1.0 second. Upon pressing the shutter these images will be saved to the memory card.
- Speed Boost: Not every shoot calls for the a9 III's impressive max speed of 120 fps. With Speed Boost and the C5 button, which is conveniently placed near the grip on the front of the camera, users can instantly switch their camera from their usual continuous shooting frame rate to a faster one to make sure their next shot is just right. Photographers will be able to select various frame rates up to 120 fps.
Pro-Quality 4K Video
While video benefits greatly from the use of global shutter technology-rolling shutter and banding artifacts are completely eliminated-the a9 III boasts plenty of other video improvements over its predecessor worth talking about.
Refined Body Design
With a new generation of Alpha-series cameras comes some slight tweaks and modifications designed to make the operation of the system more ergonomic. The a9 III features a handful of updates:
- Addition of C5 custom button to front of camera body.
- Continuous shooting mode dial can now be disabled and shooting speed can be adjusted in the menu.
- Enhanced grip and the shutter button has been slightly moved to provide a more ergonomic experience.
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD card slots provide versatility, allowing users to use existing media or pick up the faster CFexpress options to take full advantage of the a9 III's increased speed.
- USB-C port now offers faster USB 3.2 Gen 2 speeds of up to 10 Gb/s.
3.2" 2.1m-dot 4-axis multi-angle touchscreen LCD-first seen on the a7R V. This screen has a wide color gamut covering the DCI-P3 space.
9.44m-dot 0.90x OLED electronic viewfinder with maximum refresh rate of 240 fps. The a9 III benefits from maximum quality viewing at up to 120 fps.
Ethernet port for advanced networking and data transfer workflows.
The optional VG-C5EM Vertical Grip is designed to match the updated ergonomics of the a9 III, including the new C5 button.
- Sony a9 III Mirrorless Camera
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh)
- Sony FDA-EP19 Eyepiece Cup
- Sony ALC-B1EM Body Cap for E-Mount Cameras
- Sony Multi Interface Shoe Cap
- Sony BC-QZ1 Battery Charger
- Cable Protector
- Shoulder Strap
- Limited 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty