When Canon made the decision to enter the digital cinema camera market, they turned to Redrock to deliver the support gear they knew would make the grade for features, quality,and affordability.
The ultraCage Black Professional Series is the first support cage designed specifically for the Canon EOS C500 digital cinema camera, and has been called the essential accessory for transforming these phenomenal standalone cameras into phenomenal production cameras. The ultraCage delivers all the needed pieces for mounting, accessory support, stability, and modularity to fulfill the promise of the C500. As with all Redrock products, the ultraCage delivers professional quality and features at revolutionary prices.
The ultraCage can be configured in both studio and handheld setups (check out the other Redrock offerings for bundled C500 solutions that incorporate on the ultraCage). The ultraCage is light enough and form fitting to be completely unobtrusive so all camera features can be accessed without interference. The C500 removable handgrip can even be attached without removing the ultraCage.
Among its many unique features is the ability to add the powerPack and create an advanced cage that powers not only the C500 camera, but up to 2 additional camera-top accessories such as monitor, wireless follow focus, external recorders, and audio systems.
The ultraCage Black Professional Series is made in the USA of precision machined aluminum.
- Completes the Canon EOS C500 camera - by providing the necessary baseplate and cage in a high quality affordable package
- Fits the C500 like a glove - can stay permanently on the C500 even while accessing any of the camera's features or attaching accessories like the C500 removable handgrip.
- Mounting points everywhere - to attach and configure your rig in any way you want with dozens of mounting points on the bottom, sides, and top of the camera.
- Robust support and stability - The ultraCage's unique top and bottom camera mounting system means the C500 stays put to withstand the most grueling torque and weight you can throw at it.
- More than just a baseplate - in addition to the baseplate for 15mm rail support you'd expect, the cage delivers more mounting points and exceptional camera stability by mounting the top of the camera directly into the cage. The ultraCage was designed specifically to deliver this without getting in the way of accessing all the camera's features
- Infinitely expandable - simple and compact, or full-featured and ready for the fischer dolly, studio or handheld. Redrock's solutions have your C500 covered, and you can quickly and easily switch between configurations, or add pieces without spending a fortune.
- Ready to go for large lenses - ultraCage baseplate already has the correct height and mounting points for adding 15mm studio or 19mm rails to support big cinema lenses from Canon, Cooke, and others.
- Powered cage option - powers the camera and camera-top accessories with the exquisitely designed powerPack that attaches directly to the cage for centralized power conversion, regulation, distribution, and monitoring.
- Professional grade - As part of Redrock's | Black line of accessories, the ultraCage has precision machined aluminum construction and a lifetime warranty
- Profoundly affordable - the ultraCage for C500 including cage and baseplate is a fraction the cost of comparable solutions.