You have no items in your shopping cart.
You have no items in your shopping cart.
You have no items to compare.
There are no products matching the selection.
Panasonic’s P2 Mobile already sees wide use in professional broadcasting and video production. Used in OB vans, on desktops and in studios, this portable recorder is ideal for news gathering and countless other applications. Now the P2 Mobile has evolved further, adding a host of new functions highlighted by network compatibility.
The new AJ-HPM200 comes equipped with Gigabit Ethernet and eSATA interfaces for high-speed data transfer. It connects to the Internet, allowing file transfer without a PC. For high-image-quality recording, it comes standard with AVC-Intra, the latest broadcast video codec. The AJ-HPM200 is also the first P2HD device to support the AVCHD codec (the optional AJ-YCX250G codec board is required), which makes it possible to record and play P2HD and AVCHD files, and to convert files between the two formats.
The upgraded AJ-HPM200 also features an enhanced playlist function with easy, intuitive operation, and a newly evolved editor graphical user interface (GUI) that also improves ease of use.
Providing powerful support for P2HD recording, field editing, HD news flash broadcasting through file transfers, data backup and more, the AJ-HPM200 is a high-speed, high-image-quality solution to a wide range of broadcasting and video production needs.
• Comes standard with AVC-Intra codec for superior image quality and efficiency.
• Equipped with a Gigabit-Ethernet-compatible server/client function for direct network connection.
• Upgraded editing functions and intuitive nonlinear GUI for enhanced editing operation.
• Capable of playing* content and copying it at high-speed to an external eSATA/USB hard disk drive.
• Equipped with AES/EBU digital audio input/output, as well as SDI (HD/SD).
• AVCHD compatibility for simultaneous P2HD/AVCHD recording and cross-conversion (optional).
* Play back is based on a best-effort basis. Panasonic does not guarantee smooth playback without frame drops.
Multi-Format Recording and Playback System - Comes Equipped with AVC-Intra and Supports 24PsF
AVC-Intra is the latest codec that further advances HD production. It complies with the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 international standard based on advanced image compression technology, and offers both superb image quality and highly efficient compression. It uses an intra-frame compression system to bring important advantages to professional editing. The AJ-HPM200 can record in AVC-Intra 100 for maximum picture quality or in AVC-Intra 50, which has a lower compression rate, for versatile operation. It also supports DVCPRO HD codec recording.
• AVC-Intra 100: With the same bit rate as DVCPRO HD, this mode supports full 10-bit recording with 1920 x 1080* pixels. It captures master-quality video for high-end video production.
• AVC-Intra 50: This mode delivers video quality very similar to DVCPRO HD with 1440 x 1080* pixels, yet is able to do so at bit rates usually associated with standard definition (e.g., DVCPRO 50). AVC-Intra 50’s lower bit rate doubles the recording time and cuts the transferring time in half.
* These figures are for 1080 mode. The AJ-HPM200 also supports 720p mode.
The AJ-HPM200 can convert up or down between HD and SD or cross-convert between 720p and 1080i during playback. It can also up-convert SD input for recording in HD, and it features an aspect conversion function.
* The cross-converter function is disabled during up-conversion recording. During up-conversion recording, the closed caption signal in the SD signal is recorded as a 608-format HD (VANC) signal (59.94 Hz only). The closed caption signal is not output on SDI during up-conversion, down-conversion or cross-conversion playback.
24PsF Compatible, HD/SD Multi-Format
Supporting a wide range of HD formats, such as 1080p, 1080i and 720p, the AJ-HPM200 can be switched to 59.94 Hz or 50 Hz to adapt to the world’s HD broadcasting formats. The AJ-HPM200 supports 1080/24p (30p/25p) recording and playback with the AVC-Intra codec. In HD SDI mode, it supports 1080/24PsF input/output for use in high-end movie production. It also supports SD, and multi-codec recording (DVCPRO 50, DVCPRO, DV) is possible in both NTSC (480i) and PAL (576i).
Gamma Conversion Function for Cinema Production
The AJ-HPM200 provides a simple, low-cost solution for producing cinema or film-like video. It has two modes (GAMMA 1*, GAMMA 2*) for converting source materials recorded using the F.REC mode and gamma curve into video images with a film-like tone. There's also a GAMMA 3 (Cineon) mode for converting data into a gamma curve suitable for film recording.
* Same as the AJ-GBX27G HD gamma corrector’s modes: GAMMA 1 = TELECINE 5 and GAMMA 2 = TELECINE 6
VariCam Speed Effects
The AJ-HPM200 can extract active frames from VFR (variable frame rate) signals output by a VariCam and record them in 720/24p (30p/25p). The built-in monitor lets you check the VFR effect during playback. The AJ-HPM200 can also provide VariCam-like 60p pull-down output (50p from 25p) by playing back a video clip in a P2 card recorded in native 720/24p (30p/25p) by P2HD camcorders AJ-HPX2700, AG-HPX500 series, the AG-HPX300 series, the AG-HPX170 series or the AG-HVX200A series
Flexible Workflow in the Field, on a Desktop and in the Studio for Broadcasting and Movie Production
Field Recording: As a Viewer and Editor
The AJ-HPM200 is extremely versatile. It can be used to preview P2HD recordings, field edit using the playlist function, and make backups on another memory card or external hard disk. When equipped with the optional AJ-YCX250G AVCHD codec board, the AJ-HPM200 can be used to view video recorded with an AVCCAM camcorder or consumer-type AVCHD camera-recorder or to convert files to or from the P2 format. The AJ-HPM200 easily operates in a mixed P2 and AVCHD environment
Field Acquisition: HD Newsflash Broadcasts via Internet Transfer
Equipped with an FTP client function, the AJ-HPM200 can connect directly to the Internet via Gigabit Ethernet. This lets you transfer files to the server of a broadcasting station. By converting files from P2HD to AVCHD (when equipped with the optional AJ-YCX250G AVCHD codec board), files can be transferred at high speed for newsflash broadcasts in HD.
OB Van: Immediate Processing of Recordings
Compact, lightweight and versatile, the AJ-HPM200 lets you make effective use of the limited space in an OB van. Use it to make line recordings of SDI (HD/SD) input data, or for digital tape-to-card copying of DVCPRO HD data input via IEEE 1394. The AJ-HPM200 can combine the input content with a source recorded on a P2 card for relay broadcasts, and it expedites playlist transmission.
Cinema-Like Production: 1080/24p Recording from Digital Cinema Cameras
The AJ-HPM200 can record signals from a digital cinema camera via the 1080/24PsF interface in native 1080/24p format using the AVC-Intra 100 or AVC-Intra 50 codec. It can also input signals of 720/24p over 60p from a VariCam and record them in native 24p. P2 cards containing 1080/24p recorded by the P2HD camera-recorder can be inserted into the AJ-HPM200 for direct transfer. The versatility of the AJ-HPM200 responds to a wide range of cinema and cinema-like program production needs.
|Inputs||Composite: BNC (x1 Input, x1 Output) / Component: BNC (x1 Output) / HD/SD-SDI: BNC (x1 Input, x1 Output)|
|Weight||6.6 kg (14.55 lbs)|
|Outputs||Composite: BNC (x1 Input, x1 Output) / Component: BNC (x1 Output) / HD/SD-SDI: BNC (x1 Input, x1 Output)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||301 mm x 120 mm x 412mm|
|Display Size (viewing area)||9" LCD|
|Sampling Frequency||AVC-Intra 100/DVCPRO HD|
|Power Supply||AC 100 V to 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz 60W / DC 12 V/4.8 A|